Dream Big Fund 2019
OPPORTUNITY: Micro grants for local businesses and non-profits to participate in MLK Events
The Power Broker Media Group is launching the new “Dream Big Fund” as a matching pool of dollars to help make this the biggest and best Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Commemoration in St. Petersburg’s history!
For community businesses and organizations that want to march, ride, and perform in the Parade OR register as a vendor for any MLK Weekend event, but need financial help to do so, the Power Broker will cover 50% of your registration costs.
This support will be gifted to 20 to 25 businesses and organizations.
To be eligible
- Preference will be go to NEW participants in the parade that did not participate in the 2017 parade
- You must have a self-identified genuine need for support
- If your organization is a non-profit, it must possess an IRS 501c3 designation or be registered as a Florida non-profit corporation
- If your organization is a for-profit, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a participant of either the CATCH Program by the Tampa Bay Black Business Investment Corp. or the Community Business Development Initiative by the Greenhouse & Chamber
- Be a member of the St. Petersburg Business League
- Have a business establishment less than 3 years old at a verifiable address in South St. Petersburg
- Power Broker Publisher Gypsy Gallardo and Power Broker Giving Chair Deborah Figgs-Sanders will lead selections with a committee of up to five individuals.
- Every effort will be made to support non-profit organizations with a positive track record of results in the community
- Every effort will be made to support businesses that are growing or attempting to grow to create new revenue and jobs in the community
The 2019 Application Cycle will Open December 1, 2018